Hey I'm Austen, a concept artist & illustrator from Perth, Western Australia. I've been drawing monsters all my life, and since graduating Curtin University in 2011 I've worked on a variety of projects creating fantasy, science fiction and horror artwork and illustrations for video games, comics, album covers, film projects and publications.
As well as enjoying bringing ideas to life for art directors and publishers - my real passion is for developing and working on my own projects Execution & My Shadows. Other things that keep me busy are exhibiting at pop culture conventions and galleries around Australia, as well as sharing my process through online tutorials and live demo workshops.
I love creating warped and unique characters, creatures and illustrations - and have had a lot of experience with coming up with concepts both traditionally in a sketchbook and digitally in Photoshop. Feel free to contact me if you're interested in working together, whether it be for creating new artwork or licensing existing work for use.
Thanks and all the best!
- 2017 - Pogo - Undone
- 2016 - Alex - Film Project
- 2016 - Gore Shriek
- 2016 - OiOiOi! Magazine
- 2015 - Jet Set Trash Records
- 2015 - Grimdark Magazine
- 2014 - Perth Artists
- 2014 - Aurealis Magazine
- 2012 - Romantically Apocalyptic
- 2011 - UWA - Pelican Magazine
- 2016 - Art Talk at Chaos Pop Culture #3
- 2016 - Live Demo Worshop at Perth Supanova
- 2015- present - Fezilla Studio Galley - Melbourne
- 2015 - Live Demo Workshop at Brisbane Supanova
- 2015 - Live Demo Workshop at Sydney Supanova
- 2015 - Live Demo Workshop at Perth Oz Comic-Con
- 2014 - "Undead Victory" featured in the BlizzCon Fan Art Gallery
- 2014 - present - Good Games Cannington - Perth
- 2016 - Encounter Table Publishing "Aethera" - Illustration
- 2015 - Posthuman Studios "Eclipse Phase" - Illustration
- 2014 - Good Games Cannington - Playmat Illustration
- 2014 - Optimystic MC - Album Artwork
- 2013 - Fringe Games "WAR HAVEN" - Card Illustration
- 2013 - Rough House Publishing "ZOMBIE" - Comic Colorist
- 2012 - M2M Studios "Dear Charlotte" - Concept Art
- 2011, 2013 - Winterfold - "DESPONDENCY" Album Artwork
- 2011 - Unaccounded Film Project - Creature Design
- 2011 - Within Destruction - Album Artwork
- 2011 - Chicksy Dicks - Album Artwork
- 2011 - Ferocious Mind - Album Artwork
- 2010 - Sinister Grin Press - Bookmark Illustration
- 2010 - Eastpoint Records - "Lunar See" Album Artwork
- 2006 - Australian Water Corporation "Dial Before You Dig" - Colouring Book
- Curtin University of Technology [2009 - 2011] - Bachelor of Arts: Design (Major in Illustration)
- Applecross Senior High School [2004 - 2008] - Special Art Program
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: What medium do you work in?
A: The majority of my work starts as pencil and ink sketches that I then scan and take in Photoshop. I use a Wacom intuos pro tablet to digitally paint my artworks, and to see more about my behind the scenes process you can check out my videos and tutorials on my Youtube Channel.
Q: Are you available for commissions?
A: At the moment I'm not accepting private commissions as I'm devoting all my time to my own projects, exhibiting at conventions and getting published work with game companies and developers.
Q: Do you sell prints online?
A: Yes, I'm working on getting my own online store up and running here through my new site - but until then, If you're interested in signed prints, sketchbooks or original artwork feel free to contact me at email@example.com to place an order. You can also check out my third party print stores at INPRNT, Society6 or Redbubble, or read more about them here.
Q: Is your artwork available for licensing?
A: If you're interested in buying a license to use my artwork in your publication or project, feel free to message me at firstname.lastname@example.org with as much information as possible.
For my extended F.A.Q, be sure to check my deviantART journal here.